Ensuring Annual Compliance
For many nonprofit organizations, especially those run by a volunteer board of directors instead of staff, the annual filing requirements can become overwhelming or can simply be forgotten in the busy operations of your organization. In many cases, failure to remain compliant with the different governing entities and taxing authorities can go unnoticed for several years – and then rapidly become a crisis when the organization’s tax exempt status is revoked or a notice of delinquency, with penalties, is received.
This can easily be avoided with our nonprofit annual maintenance package!
For as little as $500 a year for organizations with less than $50,000 in annual revenue, we will:
- Complete your state level filing, typically with the Secretary of State or Division of Corporations;
- Coordinate or Serve as your agent for Service of Process;
- Prepare your annual registration statement with your state’s Attorney General (if required);
- Prepare and electronically file your exempt organization return with the Internal Revenue Service (Form 990);
- Prepare and electronically file your exempt organization return with the state taxing agency, if any. For example, in California an annual filing must be completed with the California Franchise Tax Board.
If your organization has more than $50,000 in annual revenue, or a substantial amount of assets that would necessitate more disclosure on your form 990, we have low-cost flat-fees for you, too, that are likely less than what you are paying your current CPA to complete.